KEYS FOOD(s) THAT CONTAIN GLYCONUTRIENTS:
1) Fucose is prevalent in medicinal mushrooms, seaweeds (kelp and wakame) and beer yeast.
2) Galactose is very common in our diets. Dairy Products, Fruits (Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Currants, Dates, Grapes, Kiwi, Mangos, Oranges, Nectarines, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Prunes, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Passionfruit, Echinacea, Boswellia, Fenugreek, Chestnuts, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Avocado, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Potatoes, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Leeks, Asparagus, Lettuce, Green Beans, Mushrooms (not buttons), Beetroot, Onions, Parsnips, Green Peas, Pumpkins, Spinach.
3) Glucose is also very common; but it is more concentrated in the following fruits and vegetables. Honey, Grapes, Bananas, Cherries, Strawberries, Mangoes, Aloe Vera Gel, Licorice Herb, Sarsaparilla, Hawthorn, Garlic, Kelp, and Echinacea.
4) Mannose is not easily found in food source. One of the main sources is Aloe Vera Gel. Other sources include Fenugreek, Black or Red Currants, Gooseberries, Green Beans, Cabbage, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Turnips, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Kelp.
5) N-Acetylgalactosamine is NOT consumed in the average diet. It is found in Bovine and Shark cartilages and red algae
6) N-Acetylglucosamine is most often found as Glucosamine Sulfate, a dietary supplement used to treat arthritis.
7) N-Acetylneuraminic acid (sialic acid) is found in whey protein isolate or concentrate – not the powder (the concentrate has a higher amount than the isolate).
8) Xylose is in Guava, Pears, Blackberries, Loganberries, Raspberries, Aloe Vera Gel, Kelp, Echinacea, Boswellia, Psyllium, Broccoli, Spinach, Eggplant, Peas, Green Beans, Okra, Cabbage, and Corn.
Before you take any supplements, DO YOUR RESEARCH. Make sure you understand what you are taking and why you are taking it. Lastly, after you make the decision to take a specific supplement, please make sure you research the manufacturer thoroughly. Not all supplements are created equally.
From your friends at MyBioNature.com